Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Experimenting with color

It was so much fun to see the excitement in their faces when colors mixed.
I have been wanting to do a color wheel project with my classes. but wasn't sure which medium to use, how to exactly complete it and what it would turn out like. I have looked at many blogs and I think I just got overwhelmed. Here are my results.

Samples on the board

I told the class about the three primary colors, that other colers were created by mixing those together.
I DID NOT TELL THEM HOW.

I told them we were not going to make a specific  art project today, however we were going to experiment with the watercolor pallets. They were only to use yellow, red and blue. They must use yellow first and clean their water after using a dark color.

I informed them how to properly take care of the paint trays, you will see they were all very good about it.
I had them paint 1/3 of the paper yellow, then 1/3 blue/ and finally red on the remainder.











Once they completed that they were encouraged to experiment with one color on top of another.

There were so many gasps as they saw colors change before their eyes. They were excited to tell me as if I had no idea. This is why I love teaching children.

No comments:

Post a Comment